Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Better usability and animation, part of React for Web Designers.
- [Instructor] In this challenge, … we're going to enhance our company directory mini app here … with a couple of new pieces. … First of all, we're going to add a reset button. … So right now, as I start to fill in different things, … to reset it I have to go back through manually … and change each one so it's empty. … So we'll add a reset button to take care of that for us. … And then, we're going to enhance the animation. … We're going to integrate an external library … of animations to make this a little more fun to play with. … Specifically, we're going to use Animate.css. … I'll reload this page so you can see little bit … of the animation here. … This is a CSS file, nothing more. … With a bunch of pre-existing animations defined … by various classes whose names appear in this popup menu. … And as you can see, there's a whole bunch of 'em. … You can experiment with these … and watch what happens on the logo. … Lot of options. … So we're going to integrate Animate.css … into our project, and then use it with our CSS traditions …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
React.js Essential Training (2018)with Eve Porcello1h 25m Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.