- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
- You've probably heard about React and Meteor, two great frameworks that allow you to build complete applications. Combining the two makes a great platform to spearhead your dream projects, like the one we'll build today. Hi, I'm Manny Henri and I'll show you how to use React and Meteor to develop a soccer team management tool. In this application you'll be able to manage a team, with sections for players, the team and stats to visualize a team's abilities. First we'll set up the proper development environment to be successful.
Second, we'll go through a refresher on React while creating our initial player view. Then we'll introduce you to Meteor and its backend capabilities, as we code the Player and Team sections. Finally, we'll create a chart to track our team stats. So, open up your favorite editor and let's get coding.
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.