Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video Build the filters form, part of React for Web Designers.
- [Narrator] In this video, we're going to build up … the form elements for our filters component. … We're going to group these together in a single component … because there aren't a lot of elements here, … just these three, and they're pretty simple. … As your forms get larger, you can always consider … breaking them up into smaller child components. … But for our purposes, I think just one is going to be fine. … Just to recap, in our current state, … we just have a little message that says filters go here, … we're going to replace that … with the markup from our mock up. … So I'll switch back over to editor, … going to open the mockup.html file. … I know that we already have the form tag in there, … so I'm going to copy everything else that appears inside it. … Bring that over to directory.js. … I'm going to use command + shift + o, which is go to symbol, … I can see all of my little symbols, … in this case my functions and classes in this file, … I'm going to jump down to filters by clicking it. …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
React.js Essential Training (2018)with Eve Porcello1h 25m Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.