Learn about Auth0 and Auth0Lock.
- [Instructor] Now that our components are mostly built…we can concern ourselves with connecting them…to persistent data store.…What good would the information our users generated be…if they couldn't also maintain an account…associated with their data?…User authentication is a fairly common feature…of web application development,…but unfortunately it's often a bit of a headache too.…Navigating password hashing, cross origin,…research sharing aka CORS,…and safely maintaining sensitive user information…all have potential to be major pain points.…Thankfully there are few libraries and services out there…that can help make things easier.…
One open source option for those of you interested…in building your own API is called Passport.…With our project however, we're going to use a service…called AuthO.…If you don't have an AuthO account…I encourage you to go create one.…They have a free level account that should meet your needs…on most small hobby projects.…Once we've put in the account…we're going to setup a project…
- Installing local dependencies
- Generating a starter project
- Deploying to Heroku
- Planning your development process
- Using styled-components
- Styling for mobile
- Setting up models on Graphcool
- Creating Relay mutations
- Adding Relay to your authentication flow
- Protecting routes with authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Deployment Environments
3. App Functionality
4. Implementing Libraries
5. Creating Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.