Update your code to be able to assign the users logged in to the players added in the system. Add a few items to your subscribe methods so you can see only the players related to our user.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…we set up user accounts with Facebook login.…So now in your app, you should be able…to sign in with your Facebook account, and any user,…as a matter of fact, should be able to do that.…If Facebook isn't enough,…you can set up the same for email, Twitter, Google,…and several others by adding the right package.…So for more information,…just go to github.com/meteor-useraccounts,…and you'll see all the packages…that you can use with User Accounts.…So for example, you could have styles for Bootstrap,…Semantic-UI, you could use also Materialize,…which we're using a lot, but we're not going to use…Materialize for user accounts.…
In fact, we're going to do CSS…at the end of this video for that purpose.…So let's go back to the editor,…and we're going to go into the new component.…And in this component, the only thing that we need to do…is add an owner to the Player object that we're inserting.…And in that object,…we're going to basically insert the user ID,…which is a function that comes with Meteor,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.