Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating with ReactTransitionGroup, part of React for Web Designers.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to make … updating the list of our people more pleasant … with some animation by adding … some off-the-shelf React component … made just for this purpose. … There's a very vibrant ecosystem … of components out there for React. … Because React is a user interface library … you might think it's all UI widgets like buttons, … slideshows, and so on. … Some components are actually a little more abstract, … like the one we're going to work with now, … react-transition-group. … You can read more about it here on reactcommunity.org. … React-transition-group is a suite of a few components … that let you describe what happens … to a component over time using transitions. … Usually this takes the form of animation, … which is what we're going to be using for it here. … But just know that these components can support … other types of changes as well should you need them. … To start let's get react-transition-group installed … and include some basic elements in our code. …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
React.js Essential Training (2018)with Eve Porcello1h 25m Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.