In this video, see how to program a way to highlight or star a user. This means storing an additional field with the star rating on the database and learning to toggle that data.
- [Instructor] Next up, I want to add the ability…to star or highlight certain users.…So to do that we're going to have to push something…to the database for the user that we have in mind…and add that bit of data that turns on the stars.…And then we're going to have to re-dub so we can display them,…and then we can toggle them when we click on them.…So let's do all that functionality,…I'll start off by adding a new button.…So let's go ahead and grab this one…since they're pretty similar,…and I'll just paste that one right there.…
I'm going to use a different icon.…This one's going to be GoStar,…right, and for the class name…I'm going to use a conditional class here,…so this is going to end up being an expression, like this,…and it's going to say btn, btn small,…and then I'll add a space here…and add a conditional sort of statement that says…if item star exists,…so if the database has an element in it…that will store this value of star,…then I want to print out btn info,…which will be a colored star.…
It's like a color blue, not quite the blue…
- Integrating Firebase
- Managing state in forms
- Registering users
- Logging users in and out
- Creating, editing, and deleting records from Firebase
- Filtering and searching data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Routing and Connecting to a Database
3. Registering and Logging In Users
4. Working with Firebase Data
5. Working with Attendees
6. Filtering and Searching
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.