Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding CSS to webpack build, part of React.js Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Another thing that you can do with Webpack is…you can bundle your CSS so that you don't have to…make additional HTTP requests.…Let me show you how that's done.…First, from our lib file we're going to…remove our in line styles and instead use the class names.…So for hello we'll get rid of style,…we'll replace class name header with class name style,…and then for class name for goodbye…we'll use class name goodbye.…
Excellent.…Okay, so inside of our source folder…we're going to go ahead and create a new folder called…style sheets and style sheets is going to contain…a couple different style files,…the first of these is going to be called hello.css.…Now this'll just be a simple class selector…and we're going to set our background color to indigo…and then we'll use color turquoise.…
Excellent.…Now inside of the style sheets folder…I'm going to create another file.…This file is going to be called goodbye.scss.…So not only are we going to load our styles…using import statements but we're going to be able to…
- Refactoring elements with JSX
- Transpiling with Babel
- Creating components
- Adding component properties and methods
- Displaying child components
- Working with props and state
- Setting up routes
- Nesting routes
- Creating forms
- Understanding the component life cycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/19/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: setting up Chrome tools for React, inspecting React sites, Babel static transpiling with babel-cli, loading JSON with webpack, adding CSS to webpack build, and creating components with createClass(). In addition, a new video was added that covers migrating to webpack 3.
Q: This course was updated on 06/20/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover staying up to date with React and using create-react-app. In addition, the following topics were updated: creating components with createClass() and working with state.
Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.jswith Alex Banks3h 56m Intermediate
1. What Is React.js?
2. Intro to JSX and Babel
3. React Components
4. Props and State
5. Using the React Router
6. Forms and Refs
7. The Component Lifecycle
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.