In this video we finally add a login/logout feature so we can accept users on our application. This will also allow us to protect access to the data of the application and make sure a user sees only his team and data. We use the Meteor user account package that comes built in with everything we need, along with a Facebook package, to create this user experience.
- [Narrator] In this video we're going…to set up a login system for our users,…leveraging some packages from media.…So the first thing we're going to do…is get inside of our terminal and then stop meteor.…And what we're going to do is…add meteor, accounts-ui, and accounts-password.…So basically these are the packages…that you can add to add accounts inside of your application.…So we are going to leverage the accounts password…and the package that will give us the UI…to add a log in system.…
So once this is done we need to add bcrypt.…So what we'll do is use the meteor…npm install dash dash save command.…And then add bcrypt.…So this package will allow us to basically…cache the passwords inside of our database.…And by installing bcrypt we need to do a media rebuild…to make sure that we don't run into an error…with bcrypt and all the packages.…
Because by adding bcrypt we're actually…superseding something that's inside the accounts packages…and by rebuilding we'll fix the errors.…So it will fix what are the dependencies installed with it.…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.