Add a login/logout feature so you can accept users on your application. Protect access to the data of the application and make sure a user sees only his team and data. Use the Meteor user account package that comes built in with everything you need, along with a Facebook package to create this user experience.
- [Narrator] In this video, we're going to set up…a logging system for our users, leveraging Facebook.…The very first thing we're going to do…is get into our terminal, and for the Windows folks,…the Command Line Interface,…and we're going to stop our server…by doing Ctrl+C on both Windows and Mac.…Just a little bit of warning before we move forward…with some installations,…because I've done this already,…it's not going to show for me,…but if it's the first time, if you don't have Xcode…installed in your Mac, this is for Mac people only.…
If you don't have Xcode installed,…once you install the accounts-ui package,…you will see basically an alert telling you to install Xcode…or the Command Line Interface from Xcode.…It's normal.…Just install it.…Just let it go, or install Xcode…before you continue with this video.…If you have Xcode installed,…you're not going to see any of this.…The second warning, in the accounts-ui package,…there is a dependency called bcrypt,…and recently, in one of Meteor's updates,…there has been some issues, but not breaking issues,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.