In this video, learn how to create a new component for selecting the color of the product that's based closely on one of the components you've already built.
- [Instructor] Comparing my index.html file … to my mock up, there's just one thing that's missing, … this color selector. … So, in this video, we're going to create … that ColorSelector component. … It's going to be very similar … to our SizeSelector. … Switching back over to my editor, … I'm going to jump down … to my ProductCustomizer … and I'm going to add my ColorSelector here. … Now of course with the SizeSelector I'm passing in the size … and the sizes but with colors … I want to pass in the color and the colors. … So, I'm going to select this … and I'm going to use Command + D … to select every instance following this one … of that word. … Many editors have this kind of multiple cursor editing … that will allow you to do something like this. … I'll just type color here … and that replaces all of them … and I can see it in action. … It's also undoable with Command + Z … and redoable with Shift + Command + Z. … Of course I need the value for colors here. … Just as we're doing with the sizes, …
- Installing React on an existing site
- Thinking about a design in terms of components
- Creating fully-featured function components using Hooks
- Storing and retrieving data from an external RESTful API
- Employing third-party components for CSS animation
- Using conditional rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
Essentials of CSS for React Developerswith Eric Greene53m 31s Beginner
React.js Essential Training (2018)with Eve Porcello1h 25m Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 2s
1. Introducing React
2. First Project: Customizer
3. Second Project: Directory Browser
4. Third Project: Status Updater
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.