Join Samer Buna for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with images, part of React Native Essential Training.
- [Instructor] For every item in this flat list,…we want to render a new component…to represent a single deal.…We'll call this component, deal item and we'll pass it…the deal which is just the item.…We'll go ahead and place this component deal item…on the same level, so deal item…no longer using text in here.…We'll now create new item.…Deal item.js to react class component…which we named deal item.…
We'll need to work with the same prop types…and react native components, so I'll bring those in.…Deal item, I probably don't need a flat list in deal item,…so it's just view text.…We're also going to render an image for every deal item.…We'll go ahead and bring in image just like that.…Deal item receives single property so far.…We'll define a static prop types equal the property…that this deal item receives is the deal item.…
This is prop types dot, let's go with object for now.…This is required as well.…I can actually make this a little bit more specific…by using the prop types shape property,…but I'm going to simplify this example…
- Hello React Native on iOS and Android
- Styling React Native components
- Platform APIs
- Building a simple game app and a data-driven app
- Using the Fetch API
- Creating an animation loop
- Testing on Android
- Changing an app logo and a splash screen
- Using TestFlight with internal testers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. React Native Fundamentals
Hello React Native on iOS5m 42s
3. Building a Simple Game App
4. Building a Data-driven App
5. Animation and Gesture Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.