Explore the different components that make up a basic React Native application, and learn how to use this platform to build your own native iOS and Android apps.
- [Emmanuel] If you've spent any time with React, you've probably heard about its little brother, React Native. This amazing framework is a great way to start building native iOS and Android apps with your React knowledge. In this course we'll take what you know about React, along with a web application, and convert this knowledge into building a React Native application. At the end of this course you should have a good understanding of what makes a basic React Native application and be on your way to build bold projects.
We'll first breeze through setting you up to build a project. Then we'll go over the folder structures to understand the nuances in between our React and React Native project. Then we'll build our components, add styles, material based library, and finally write some functions to filter our data for each views. So if you're ready to get started on your React Native journey, open up your favorite editor and let's get started.
- Initiating a React Native project
- Creating your data files
- Creating your React course listing view
- Creating your tab navigation
- Adding material design styles
- Finalizing your styles
- Filtering your courses for the views
- Reviewing debugging options