- [Instructor] Over the next few videos,…we're going to implement a few improvements to our app…using animation and gesture control.…The most important feature is to allow the user…to browse through the multiple images…that are available on some deals.…The Bakesale API already exposes an array of images for us.…We have so far only used the first image.…So let's give users…the ability to swipe left and right…while they are on the deal detail view…to see the different images attached to a deal.…
We can use React Native built-in gestures…and animations to do that.…To prepare for this swiping animation,…I'm going to make the deal detail view full screen here,…get rid of these borders.…So in here, let's get rid of the marginHorizontal,…and let's get rid of the borders everywhere.…See how that looks.…This is looking better,…but let's give the backLink some marginLeft,…maybe 10.…
Perfect.…So this way, when I start swiping the images,…it is edge to edge, which I think is going to look better.…In the next video, we'll explore the Animated API.…
- Hello React Native on iOS and Android
- Styling React Native components
- Platform APIs
- Building a simple game app and a data-driven app
- Using the Fetch API
- Creating an animation loop
- Testing on Android
- Changing an app logo and a splash screen
- Using TestFlight with internal testers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. React Native Fundamentals
Hello React Native on iOS5m 42s
3. Building a Simple Game App
4. Building a Data-driven App
5. Animation and Gesture Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.