Learn about Jest, a testing library that is flexible enough to use with any project. Jest is made by Facebook and provides a few good examples related to React and React Native projects.
- [Instructor] As you build your app,…it's important to test your code throughout the process…to make sure it's doing what you intend.…If you're new to testing, I suggest you start with Jest.…Jest is a testing library built by Facebook…and therefore great to work…alongside your React native project.…Application testing can get complex quickly…so if you're new to it, it's better…to start with a simple library.…Then expand on the different types of testing you can do.…Jest is a good example of unit testing,…where you test small blocks of code.…Let's take a look at some of the basics.…
First go to facebook.github.io/jest.…First go to facebook.github.io/jest.…Once you get on the page you'll have some examples…and benefits of the particular library.…The first thing I want you to do…is take a look at where the docs are,…because this is where you're going to…get all the instructions how to set up the library,…how to use it, and so and so forth.…The next thing, if you need more information…about the API, you go to this section here.…
- Exploring icons for React Native
- Using NativeBase
- Exploring the forms library for React Native
- Exploring full-stack frameworks and the Deco IDE
- Reviewing backend options for a React Native project
- Using different testing libraries
- Deploying your app to the Apple App Store and Google Play
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/11/2017. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers Nuclide.