Join Samer Buna for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring components and APIs, part of React Native Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The React Native repository on GitHub…under the Facebook organization here…has a few good reference examples that you should explore.…There is an RN Tester folder here.…Go ahead and click on that.…This project used to be called…UI Explorer but it was renamed.…This is a particularly important one…as it can help you to explore all the React Native elements…that you can use in the React Native project.…To see the application in action,…we'll need to clone the full React Native repository.…The instructions here have a line…you can copy to your terminal to do that.…
And once the repository is cloned,…you need to see the intuit and run an npm install command…to get all of its dependencies.…And when the npm install command is done,…let's take a look at RNTester.…You'll see a few directories there.…We want to open the RNTester Xcode project directory.…So we can simply just do open…RNTester/RNTester.xcode project just like that…and this will open the project in Xcode.…
I'm going to go ahead and pick a different iPhone for the size.…
- Hello React Native on iOS and Android
- Styling React Native components
- Platform APIs
- Building a simple game app and a data-driven app
- Using the Fetch API
- Creating an animation loop
- Testing on Android
- Changing an app logo and a splash screen
- Using TestFlight with internal testers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. React Native Fundamentals
Hello React Native on iOS5m 42s
3. Building a Simple Game App
4. Building a Data-driven App
5. Animation and Gesture Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.