Join Samer Buna for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing app logo and splash screen, part of React Native Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Before publishing an app,…there are two things that you'll probably want to do,…give the app a good icon instead of this default one,…and do something about the splash screen…which currently just shows the name of the app…and a Powered by React Native message.…You can close the app to reload it with the splash screen.…I just double-clicked on the Home button…but when I double-click on the app,…the splash screen will splash.…So you'll first need to prepare images to use as icons…and splash screen if you want to change that as well.…
Those images should be big.…The icon should be a square of at least 1024 pixels…and the splash screen should be a square of…at least 2500 pixels.…The reason you need to start with these big sizes…is that you need to provide different sizes of these assets…for different screens.…So on a big iPad, for example, the assets will need to be…much bigger.…So the bake sale project has those assets ready for us.…We can download them from…bakesaleforgood.com/images/logo.png.…
Go ahead and save that somewhere.…
- Hello React Native on iOS and Android
- Styling React Native components
- Platform APIs
- Building a simple game app and a data-driven app
- Using the Fetch API
- Creating an animation loop
- Testing on Android
- Changing an app logo and a splash screen
- Using TestFlight with internal testers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. React Native Fundamentals
Hello React Native on iOS5m 42s
3. Building a Simple Game App
4. Building a Data-driven App
5. Animation and Gesture Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.