In this video, Emmanuel Henri sets up the editing view for allowing users to update their contacts. The application sends the data to the firebase database.
- [Narrator] OK so now let's start working on an update form … so when we click on any of these guys … then if we click on Edit, we want to make sure … that we're able to edit this particular person … and then save it. … So let's go ahead and create those components. … So the first thing we're going to do … is create a new component, so let's go to components here … and click new file and then call this one updateperson.js … and then in this one we'll basically copy everything … from Add Person, so let's go ahead and copy all this. … So copy that and then paste it in this new form … so let's close the X4 for a second … and in the update person we'll make a few changes … so first of all, we'll make sure that we name this properly … so this is update person and not add person. … And let's make the change at the bottom here. … Perfect, then let's also change the button here … so instead of add button, let's call this update button … and let's also make sure that we are changing … the label of the button. …
- Initializing React Native projects
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Setting up Redux
- Creating a list view, a detail view, and a menu
- Adding new components
- Using the React Native debugger
- Coding the scroll on detail view
Skill Level Advanced
1. Project Setup and Back End
Project folder structure3m 11s
2. Redux and Main Views
3. Complex Component
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.