In this video, learn how to create the section in the view for editing and deleting contacts and then add the proper code to delete a contact. First, add new elements, style it a bit, add the action and reducer to delete our contact on firebase, and then update the state.
- [Instructor] In between this video and the last, … I actually added some people into my little CRM here. … So if you did the same, or if you didn't, … please add a few people, … 'cause we're going to test deleting in this video. … So let's get to the code and then test it. … So the first thing I'm going to do … is go back to the detail view. … So if we click here, I need to have some ways … of deleting and updating inside of that particular screen. … So let's go back to our explorer, … and then open up people details. … So click on PeopleDetail, … and let's close explorer, … and then let's scroll until we get to this area. … So right after line 98, … we're going to add a few things in here. … So let's go ahead and create a new view. … And then let's add TouchableOpacity. … And inside of that TouchableOpacity, … we're going to add some MaterialIcon … with the name autorenew, … and this is going to be for the updating function, … and we'll do the updating after, … and we'll set this one to 40 …
- Initializing React Native projects
- Installing material kit and vector icons
- Setting up Redux
- Creating a list view, a detail view, and a menu
- Adding new components
- Using the React Native debugger
- Coding the scroll on detail view
Skill Level Advanced
1. Project Setup and Back End
Project folder structure3m 11s
2. Redux and Main Views
3. Complex Component
4. CRUD Operations
5. Company View and Final Touches
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.