There are three types of projects that people using ReCap might need to use—either scanned, photo, or mobile. Paul goes over the scan and photo project workflow, and shows how to capture, import, and register projects. LIDAR scans is what Paul focuses on in this course.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I wanna give you an overview of the general workflow…that we use in various ReCap projects.…Now, there are really three different types…of ReCap projects that we can create.…The first is a scan project,…which uses data from a laser scanner.…Imports these point cloud files…that are generated from that scanner…and then creates 3D geometry from that scan data.…A photo project takes a series of photographs,…imports those, and generates 3D data from…that collection of photographs.…
And then finally, we have a mobile project,…and really, this is also a scan project…but it originates on your mobile device.…So if you have an iPad Pro and like a BLK360 scanner,…then you can start a project on a mobile device…and then it will import directly into ReCap Pro,…but essentially, it becomes a scan project at that point.…So let's go through an overview…of the process of the first two that I mentioned,…a scan project and a photo project.…
So a scan project's workflow looks kinda like this.…Of course, the first thing you need…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- What is ReCap?
- Working with laser scans
- Importing scans
- Manual registration
- Metrics for registration quality
- Working in the point cloud
- File management
- Creating a photo project
- Creating a mesh from ReCap with the cloud service
Skill Level Intermediate
BIM Manager: Autodesk Applications Setup & Deploymentwith Eric Wing48m 37s Intermediate
Autodesk ReCap Pro: Processing Drone Imageswith Gordon Luckett48m 35s Intermediate
1. Get Started with ReCap
2. Working with Laser Scans
3. Scan Registration
4. Working in the Point Cloud
5. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.