Create an outer limit to what can be seen and selected in your point cloud.
- [Instructor] We can limit the amount of the point cloud…that we can see and select by creating a limit box.…And we can create a limit box…by going to the contextual tile menu…and then highlighting on the button called Limit Box.…From here we can see that three buttons appear.…The top button is a Reset,…which means it will reset the box to its previous state.…We can edit an existing limit box…or we can pick somewhere in the point cloud…to create a new limit box just in that area that we picked.…
Let's start by clicking on the Edit button.…By selecting on Edit,…we now have the limit box surrounding this point cloud.…If you put your cursor on any of the sides,…you'll see that that side now lights up.…If you click on the left-hand side,…hold your mouse button down,…you can then move that edge of the limit box in,…in order to begin to hide (or limit our view)…of just a portion of this point cloud.…
This is exceptionally good if you want…to look inside of a point cloud to a certain area.…For this project, let's just take a quick look…
- Starting a new scan or photo project
- Navigating the menu
- Importing data
- Recovering deleted points
- Selecting and sizing points
- Measuring distances and angles
- Setting outer limits
- Adjusting color, lighting, and the background
- Scanning regions
- Saving and exporting a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Scan Project: Home Menu
3. Contextual Tile Menu
4. Display Settings Menu
5. Additional Options
6. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.