Select all the points that touch a specified surface plane.
- [Instructor] Recap allows us to select multiple points along a three dimensional plane that we specify. To accomplish that task, come down here to the Contextual Tile Menu, then select on Plane. The next thing that we need to do is select at least three points along a three dimensional surface or plane here inside of our point cloud. Where I want to select will be along this face of our wall. Move your cursor up into this area, then click once.
Click again to somewhere over here in this area. I'm trying to stay along this flat plane of the wall. Now I'm going to click right about here. Now I could continue to do more points if I wanted to, such as click here, and you can see I could keep clicking. But, by selecting on each one of these points, it's establishing a three dimensional plane by which we'll be clicking against. Next, hit the Enter key on the keyboard. Now you can see that everything that goes along that three dimensional plane that we just selected upon is now been selected.
So, all of those points. The depth of this plane is controlled here at the Plane Depth. If we reduce it by clicking on this little slider bar, holding the mouse button down, and then dragging it over, we can see that it selects less points. If we move it over toward the right-hand side, we can see that it goes deeper. In this case, 98 millimeters deeper. As it's selecting more points, which align up with that three dimensional plane that we selected. From here, we can make any kind of modifications to these points that we wanted, or we can clear our selection by selecting the clear button on the right-hand side.
- Starting a new scan or photo project
- Navigating the menu
- Importing data
- Recovering deleted points
- Selecting and sizing points
- Measuring distances and angles
- Setting outer limits
- Adjusting color, lighting, and the background
- Scanning regions
- Saving and exporting a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Scan Project: Home Menu
3. Contextual Tile Menu
4. Display Settings Menu
5. Additional Options
6. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.