Divide your point cloud into various scan regions.
- [Instructor] A scan region allows you…to subdivide your point cloud,…as well as change the way it displays.…To create a scan region,…go to the Project Navigator,…come up to your Scan Regions,…then over on the right hand side,…select on the plus,…which is create a new region.…For this project, I want to create two scan regions,…one called ceiling, the other called floor plan…because we'll subdivide this point cloud…into the top half and a bottom half.…
So region one, name it Ceiling.…Then hit Enter on the keyboard.…Select the plus again for create a new region,…then name this scan region Floor Plan.…Then hit Enter on the keyboard.…Underneath Scan Regions we now have…three different categories.…The reason why we have unassigned points…is that that's the default option.…Any points, which are not assigned to a scan region,…are assigned to your unassigned points.…
Currently, we've not assigned any of our points…to one of the scan regions that we just created,…so all of them are currently on unassigned points.…Over on the right hand side,…
- Starting a new scan or photo project
- Navigating the menu
- Importing data
- Recovering deleted points
- Selecting and sizing points
- Measuring distances and angles
- Setting outer limits
- Adjusting color, lighting, and the background
- Scanning regions
- Saving and exporting a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Scan Project: Home Menu
3. Contextual Tile Menu
4. Display Settings Menu
5. Additional Options
6. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.