Set a project basepoint.
- [Instructor] A coordinates system tells the point cloud…where it is in three dimensional space.…To adjust the coordinates of the point cloud,…come up to your Display Settings,…highlight on Points, and then select on Update Origin.…You'll notice that a yellow circle now appears.…That's the current origin point of this point cloud.…Now to adjust where its origin point is located at,…so when it inserts into other models or other point clouds,…what we need to do is now select where we want…its new origin point to be located.…
In this case, select over here,…right about where these points are at.…Now we can see that it's adjusted itself…so it's no longer having its origin in this corner.…Instead, it's moved over to the yellow dot.…It's not official until you select on…the Enter key on the keyboard.…So select on Enter and now notice how…the entire point cloud has shifted.…Now this view is set to actually look at the origin point…and that's the reason why…the entire point cloud shifted over.…
The location of the origin point,…
- Starting a new scan or photo project
- Navigating the menu
- Importing data
- Recovering deleted points
- Selecting and sizing points
- Measuring distances and angles
- Setting outer limits
- Adjusting color, lighting, and the background
- Scanning regions
- Saving and exporting a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Scan Project: Home Menu
3. Contextual Tile Menu
4. Display Settings Menu
5. Additional Options
6. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.