Learn basic point cloud navigation.
- [Instructor] To interact with your ReCap project file…first come over here to the navigation menu…which is the third icon down on the left-hand side.…When you highlight on the navigation menu…you'll get a variety of navigation shortcuts…which pop up.…Which include zoom, pan, orbit, and fly.…To use those commands you can just hold down z…for zoom on your keyboard and then move the mouse.…For pan you hold down the spacebar and then move the mouse.…
For orbit hold down the x and move the mouse.…Or for fly, hold down the c and move the mouse.…This navigation shortcuts also shows you different ways…that you can navigate by just using the mouse…and not holding down z, space, x, or c at all.…To fly around the model,…hold down the shift key as well as the right mouse button.…To zoom in or out, use the wheel on your mouse.…Hold down the wheel of your mouse to pan from side to side.…Or to orbit, right click and move the mouse.…
But you can also select those off of this navigation menu.…By moving your mouse over towards the right-hand side,…
- Starting a new scan or photo project
- Navigating the menu
- Importing data
- Recovering deleted points
- Selecting and sizing points
- Measuring distances and angles
- Setting outer limits
- Adjusting color, lighting, and the background
- Scanning regions
- Saving and exporting a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Scan Project: Home Menu
3. Contextual Tile Menu
4. Display Settings Menu
5. Additional Options
6. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.