- [Instructor] In this point cloud,…there's a gray electrical box…that I want to take dimensions for.…And we can take those dimensions…by using the Distance command.…But first we need to find that gray electrical box,…or the gray electrical panel.…Come up here to the word Front on the View Cube,…and click on the word Front.…And that will zoom this point cloud around…until we can see the gray box.…Next, highlight the word Distance,…which is on the contextual tile menu.…Now you can either select Distance,…or just come up here to Distance and then click.…
Next, there's an option here for Ortho.…Click on where we have Ortho,…then over here in the lower left-hand side,…click right when you think you're right there…at the edge of the box.…You can always zoom in if you want to get a little bit closer.…Now, one of the things that you'll notice…is that the gray dots aren't in an exact straight line…going all the way on up.…That's one of the things that happens with point clouds,…is that you're never going to get 100% exact,…
- Starting a new scan or photo project
- Navigating the menu
- Importing data
- Recovering deleted points
- Selecting and sizing points
- Measuring distances and angles
- Setting outer limits
- Adjusting color, lighting, and the background
- Scanning regions
- Saving and exporting a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Scan Project: Home Menu
3. Contextual Tile Menu
4. Display Settings Menu
5. Additional Options
6. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.