Measure the angle between points.
- [Instructor] I find that measuring angles of a point cloud…to be somewhat challenging, even in ReCap.…Let's go through the process of measuring an angle…in ReCap.…Start by selecting on Top on the ViewCube,…so that we can see this point cloud from above.…Then move your cursor down to the middle button,…there on the Contextual Tile Menu.…Then, select on Faces.…After clicking Faces, click one spot,…and I really don't care what point is that you select…here on top of the point cloud.…
Then start to move your cursor around.…Notice how you get a variety of different angles…as you're moving your cursor around.…Well, what Faces does, is that it will give you the angle…between the first point that you selected,…and the second point that you've selected.…So, basically, it gives you the angle…between one individual dot in the point cloud,…and another individual dot in the point cloud,…which very rarely is very useful to you at all.…But, to finish the command,…just click on some other dot there in the point cloud,…in order to generate an angle between those two dots.…
- Starting a new scan or photo project
- Navigating the menu
- Importing data
- Recovering deleted points
- Selecting and sizing points
- Measuring distances and angles
- Setting outer limits
- Adjusting color, lighting, and the background
- Scanning regions
- Saving and exporting a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Scan Project: Home Menu
3. Contextual Tile Menu
4. Display Settings Menu
5. Additional Options
6. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.