Create an image from the point cloud project.
- [Narrator] To export out an image of your point cloud,…come up to the home button, come over,…then select the icon that looks like a camera with an arrow.…And this is called export image.…That'll open the export image dialogue box.…And from here, you have a choice of two different formats…you can export an image out as,…a JPEG and a PNG file.…JPEG is more common, but a PNG, from my experience,…usually has a little bit better resolution.…And it's a little bit easier to edit,…so I typically use PNG files.…
With a PNG, you can also have…a transparent background if you wish.…So that's what I'll do in this case,…put a little check for transparent background.…You can specify the dimensions.…You can choose either custom resolution,…or a variety of different resolutions, off of the menu.…I'll leave it at the default,…and for me that happens to be the 1280 by 1024.…But you can choose what ever resolution you would like.…For the path, you can select on browse.…And then make sure that this image gets saved to your…Exercise Files, chapter two folder.…
- Starting a new scan or photo project
- Navigating the menu
- Importing data
- Recovering deleted points
- Selecting and sizing points
- Measuring distances and angles
- Setting outer limits
- Adjusting color, lighting, and the background
- Scanning regions
- Saving and exporting a project
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Scan Project: Home Menu
3. Contextual Tile Menu
4. Display Settings Menu
5. Additional Options
6. Photo Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.