Join Justin Reznick for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to the Punakaiki coast, part of Photographing the Wintery Coast of New Zealand.
- I'm on the west coast of New Zealand, specifically the South Island, a beautiful beautiful place. Punakaiki is the town. This is the coast that is arguably the most photogenic in all of New Zealand; incredible sea stacks. So excited to be here. I started the morning with a drive through the mountains and glaciers with my funny pink rental car. Hey, that's what I got. To amazing coastline and here I am. The forecast is calling for heavy rain today, heavy rain tomorrow.
But you know what? Just been waiting for a break and we've got one and it's almost sunset. So this is what it's all about: having the patience and hoping you get that break. So we're going to see what we can do with the little bit of light that we're going to get and these amazing sea stacks.
- Experimenting with shutter speeds
- Working a coastal shot
- Shooting long exposures
- Venturing into the ocean to get a shot
- Working with foamy streaks on the surface of the water
- Photographing water spray
- Post-processing landscape photos in Photoshop Lightroom