Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating a characteristic, part of Programming the Internet of Things with iOS.
- All right, let's go ahead and verify…that what we've got so far works.…First, we'll come over here and we'll look at…our iPod Touch, all right.…So there's our app running on the iPod Touch.…Let's go ahead and switch back over to the iPhone.…All right, so here we can see we've got our…iPhone ready to receive the data from our iPod Touch.…We'll click start and then we'll click…tap advertising over here on the iPod Touch…and you can see that we found, as we did before,…our BLE Peripheral and it has all of it's services…and characteristics including the one…that we want here, FFF3,…which is our characteristic UUID for the data.…
All right, now let's go ahead and implement…the code that actually can send some data…for that particular characteristic.…So we'll come back here to Xcode…and we will go ahead and implement these other pieces.…So first of all, come down here.…Let's implement send data…because that's gonna be called…by a number of different things…and so we're gonna say NSString dataToSend…then we're gonna check the state of our…
- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.