Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding sensors, part of Programming the Internet of Things with iOS.
- Every thing in the Internet of Things…is a combination of Sensors and Effectors.…Let's take a look first at Sensors.…How do we detect that things…are happening in the real world.…So we're going to connect Inputs.…Environmental Inputs, temperature,…humidity, pressure, flame, smoke.…We can monitor IR, when somebody breaks an IR beam…and comes into a room.…We can monitor ultrasound, another way of detecting Motion.…We can monitor shock, say you have a fragile package,…in the near-term future it will be possible…to put an Internet of Things thing…so cheaply on the package and monitor it to make sure…nobody dropped it in shipment.…
And of course, you already know about GPS,…to be able to track where something has been,…or where it is right now.…We have Light Sensors, we can detect the intensity,…we can detect the presence or absence…of Light using a photo resistor,…and we can also take pictures with cameras.…Other kinds of Sensors are things…about the Physical nature of things.…We can have switching determining…whether something is on or off,…
- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.