Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding effectors, part of Programming the Internet of Things with iOS.
- Now that we've looked at sensors, let's take a look…at effectors, things that allow your device to interact with…the real world and make changes in the real world.…We've got audible effectors.…Speakers and headphones.…Beepers and buzzers.…We've got visible effectors.…LEDs, photo flashes, and pointing lasers.…We've got tactile effectors.…Things like motors, haptic.…Haptic is like the buzzer on your iOS device that can…alert you to an incoming message but without…making it audible to someone else.…
We've got servos, which allow you to make very precise,…angular movements so that you can, for example,…have a little lever that turns a switch on and off.…We have relay effectors that allow you to control…high voltage devices from a low voltage digital circuit.…Finally, we have invisible and inaudible effectors.…You can have an IR blaster that controls the television…or that stops a robot from moving any closer.…You can have an ultrasound effector that sends out a sound…detectable by a television or another Internet of Things…
- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.