Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding centrals and peripherals, part of Programming the Internet of Things with iOS.
- Time for some nuts and bolts.…Let's dig in to centrals and peripherals…and understand the core of Bluetooth APIs we're going to use…both to scan for devices and to become a thing.…A Bluetooth central can scan for devices.…It can ask discovered devices for a list of services.…It can ask discovered services for a list…of characteristics.…And it can read and write data from…and to those characteristics.…Or, as I mentioned, get periodic notifications…when a characteristic changes.…The Bluetooth central API has two main objects…and objective C,…the CB Central Manager…and the CB Central Delegate which is a protocol.…
A Bluetooth peripheral can advertise its existence,…its presence in the room.…It can advertise specific services.…It can describe those services…and it can describe the characteristics that go along…with that service including whether or not…those characteristics are read, write, or both, or notified.…And of course, it can issue notifications…when a characteristic value changes…after a central has connected to it and said,…
- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.