- Installing RetroPie automatically and manually
- Configuring RetroPie
- Using RetroArch
- Using the EmulationStation front end
- Backing up your settings
- Loading games to your Raspberry Pi
- Configuring a USB controller
- Building an arcade cabinet
Skill Level Intermediate
- Do you have a Raspberry Pi sitting around and you're not sure what to do with it? Do you enjoy video games? If the answer is yes then I have an exciting project for you. I am Brad Wheeler and welcome to RetroPie, building a video game console with Raspberry Pi. In this course I'll show you how to use the open source RetroPie software to turn your Pi into a customized retro video game console. I'll start by showing you how to install and setup RetroPie. Once it's installed I'll show you how to load games, configure them exactly to your liking, and run them with a variety of USB controllers.
Finally I'll show you how to control the action by building your own custom arcade setup with buttons and joysticks. Although RetroPie is a deep, complex set of software it's also incredibly fun. Once you're done with this course you'll be ready to take your first steps into the wider world of video game emulation.