- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Michael Lehman. Welcome to Programming the Internet of Things with iOS. All over the world there are things being invented. Tiny, battery-powered, internet-connected computers, embedded in everything imaginable, ranging from smartwatches like this Pebble and the Apple Watch, to car data connectors, and nearly invisible wearable devices that can help you remember to stand up straight, like the Lumo Lift I'm wearing inside my shirt. There are new devices being released every day that keep you safe, remind you when to water your plants, and even offer you a great deal when you get to the favorite section of your local department store.
Many of these devices work with or require an app to capture data over time, and provide a connection to the cloud. In this course, we'll first take a look at what's inside a typical thing, and then dive deep into how to build companion apps for your iOS device using Bluetooth and WiFi. We'll build a micro weather station, explore in iBeacon, and build an app that changes the color of your living room lights based on what time of day you get home. So take a deep breath, and let's get started programming the internet of things with iOS.
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.