Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the trends in IoT, part of Programming the Internet of Things with iOS.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's talk a little bit about…"The Future of the Internet of Things."…"The enchanted objects that will succeed…"will be the ones that carry on the traditions…"and promises of the objects of our age-old fantasies,…"the ones that connect with…"and satisfy our fundamental human desires.…"They will be cars that transport us as safely…"and as delightfully as flying carpets,…"writing instruments that remember,…"rings that connect us, tools with as much utility,…"familiarity, and character as my family's Barometer."…David Rose, from "Enchanted Objects."…In this chapter we'll explore the trend of "Things."…What kind of "Things" are going to be built,…and how you can track what the trends are.…
We'll take a look at various iOS connectivity options,…and where "Things" may be going in the future.…We'll talk about how to find more "Things."…And how to find more information about "Things."…And then finally, we'll talk a little bit…about expanding your build options.…Things beyond Arduino and Raspberry Pi that might…be platforms that you can use to build your "Things."…
- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.