Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the littleBits ecosystem, part of Programming the Internet of Things with iOS.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you wanna put together a thing,…and you’re either not comfortable with…doing raw electronics, or you want…to do something with your kids…where you can make sure things can’t be…put together in the wrong order,…then get yourself some littleBits.…littleBits are a series of magnetically snap-together…modules that allow you to build a thing very, very easily.…Now modules come in a variety of…flavors indicated by the colors.…You’ve got blue power modules,…you’ve got pink sensor modules.…For example, here we have a rotary knob and a button.…
Here we’ve got an orange compute module,…and then we've got two effectors:…a green LED module and a green buzzer.…So if we want to go ahead a build a real simple thing…for the Internet of Things, let’s move away the knob…and the LED module and just snap these guys together.…(bits clicking)…So here, now we built a thing.…If you plug a USB power into this,…every time you press the button,…this compute module will send a…notification out to the cloud,…and you can intercept that with your iOS device…
- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.