Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the IoT universe, part of Programming the Internet of Things with iOS.
- Let's take a few minutes exploring…the internet of things universe.…"The most profound technologies are those that disappear.…"They weave themselves into the fabric of everyday life…"until they are indistinguishable from it."…Mark Weiser, Xerox PARC, 1991.…Let's take a look at the purpose of things,…who makes things, how can we categorize various things,…how you connect the inputs and outputs,…and how you connect to the network.…One way of looking at the things…that connect to the internet and the internet of things,…is what they're for.…
Now, David Rose, in Enchanted Objects,…talks about different categories of things.…Things that are deep-seeded human needs.…The need for protection.…The need for enhancing and maintaining your health.…The need for omniscience,…wanting to know what's going on all around you…in every different way.…The need to make a more deep human connection.…And finally, the need for mobility.…You can think of your IOS device when you call Andover.…It is effectively operating as a thing…in the internet of things.…
- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.