Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing HomeLightz: iOS, part of Programming the Internet of Things with iOS.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So here we've got the HomeLightZ iOS app…that controls the thing we just built…by combining the Philips hue light system…and the raspberry pie with the parse cloud service.…It's a relatively straight forward iOS app,…it's got a storyboard with four controls,…a label here at the top,…a Start button, a label here to show you…whether your close or far away from home…and a label here to show you what color of the lights are.…In the ViewController.h file,…we've defined this as a core…LocationManagerDelegate class…and we've included the core location framework…in this project.…
We've defined four properties:…LocationManager, a location to finding where is home,…and two IB outlets along I guess to change…the value of those two labels.…One for the status,…and one to show what color the lights are being set to.…If we come over to the ViewController.m file,…we'll see here we do a lot of work in ViewDidLoad…by sending up to locationManager.…Now as a reminder because we're working…with iOS 8 here, we have to do a couple of different things…
- Exploring the IoT universe
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Using Apple iBeacon
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring trends in IoT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Exploring Things
3. Connecting to Things
4. Using Apple iBeacon
5. Creating Things
6. Managing Your Things
7. The Future of IoT
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.