Once you know who is connecting, you might also want to restrict what a certain application is allowed to do in RabbitMQ. Learn how you can authorize or block applications from performing certain actions.
- After we verify who is connecting … with our RabbitMQ instance, … we need to determine what they are allowed to do. … This is called authorization. … RabbitMQ has two resources that can be manipulated, … exchanges and queues. … The operations that can be performed on these resources … are configure, write, and read. … It's important to add that RabbitMQ can cache permissions … per connection or per channel … so it's often necessary to reconnect. … This isn't an issue in our web application … because we connect on every request from the browser, … but it might be in applications … that keep the connection open for a longer time. … In the RabbitMQ documentation, there is an overview … of what permissions on what type of resources are required … to be able to perform an operation. … If we scroll down, we'll find a useful overview … of the necessary permissions. … For example, for an application … to use the basic.publish operation, … it must have write operations on the correct exchange. …
- How message-based systems are used
- The AMQP protocol
- Exchange type use cases
- Publishing to RabbitMQ
- Consuming from RabbitMQ
- Filtering messages with direct and topic exchanges
- Setting up and using authentication
- Authorizing and blocking application actions
- Tracking message contents for troubleshooting
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Microserviceswith Laura Stone2h 12m Advanced
What's new in this update1m 18s
1. Get to Know RabbitMQ
2. Basic Usage
3. Advanced Usage
Go further with RabbitMQ2m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.