RStudio is a powerful IDE for the R language, providing standard features; console, a multiple script file interface, environmental variable display as well as both project management and version control management tools. RStudio also provides literate programming tools, allowing for the combination of R scripts, output, text and images into both reports and presentations which is incredibly powerful for designing reproducible research scripts. Through the use of Shiny it's possible to easily include interactive content in your reports and presentations. This video will help you understand why RStudio is a great default R scripting environment and an unrivalled tool for writing interactive and engaging content with R.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] RStudio is an…integrated development environment, or IDE.…IDEs are applications that make it easier…to write and work with code.…Most professional developers and coders…use an IDE designed for the specific language they're using.…So what benefits does an IDE provide?…Well, if you've used the R Console before,…you'll be familiar with the difficulty…in writing large code chunks in the console.…You very quickly have to align the script files…to contain your code.…But many projects require you to work…on multiple script files at once.…
For instance, you might have one script…that contains your code from importing…and processing the data file,…and another for subsequent analysis…and generating visualization or Shiny app.…IDEs provide a way to work on multiple script files at once,…and often include an environment type of view…which provides information about your…currently defined variables and functions.…RStudio provides these features and a lot more.…In addition to providing a very nice project-based…
This is an exciting course for analysts who want to increase the relevance and visibility of their work. Make sure to watch the knowledge checks at the end of each chapter to test your new skills.
- Installing and configuring RStudio
- Using R Markdown
- Adding slides to templates
- Working with code and charts
- Publishing presentations with RPubs
- Developing interactive charts and visualizations with Shiny
- Deploying presentations with shinyapps.io
- Making Shiny dashboards