- Building visualizations
- Applying different geometries to visualize data
- Applying aesthetic mappings to geometries
- Beautifying visualizations to prepare them for publication
- Visualizing data with maps
- Annotating a visualization
- Plotting points on a map
- Creating a choropleth map
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple. I'd like to welcome you to this course on data visualization in R using the ggplot2 library. In this course, I'll explain how you can use ggplot2 to create your own data visualizations. You'll learn about the grammar of graphics, and how ggplot allows you to build visualizations piece by piece. You'll discover how to create your own basic visualizations and then how to beautify then by applying different aesthetics.
You'll also learn how to perform common visualizations using map data. I'll wrap up by providing you with a detailed case study that you can follow along step by step to build your own data visualization in R. All right. Let's get rolling.
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Introducing ggplot2
2. Geometry Types and Aesthetics
3. Beautifying Your Visualizations
4. Geospatial Visualizations
5. Case Study: Colleges and Universities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.