This is an exciting course for analysts who want to increase the relevance and visibility of their work. Make sure to watch the knowledge checks at the end of each chapter to test your new skills.
- Explain the benefits associated with RStudio.
- List the options for creating HTML R Markdown presentations.
- Use RPubs to publish and share presentations through Twitter, Google+, and Facebook.
- Prepare and share an interactive application with Shiny.
- Name the three different layout options available with the Shiny app.
- Compare the different Shinyapps.io accounts to determine which one fits your needs.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Martin John Hadley, and this is Creating Interactive Presentations with R and Shiny. This course is designed to help you get started with creating presentations with R Markdown. I'll show you how to set up projects in RStudio, how to create web-hostable presentations, and then, how to convert any R script or visualization into an interactive application using Shiny. First, I'll show you the different types of presentations you can build using R Markdown through the easy-to-use R Markdown templates built into RStudio.
And then, how to make these beautiful with css. You'll then be shown how to register for the open publishing platform, RPubs. So that you can deploy your html R Markdown presentations to RPubs for sharing with the world. All from within the RStudio environment. Once you've mastered R Markdown presentations, you will advance beyond the basic structure of Shiny App to enhance your presentations with engaging interactivity. By the end of this course, you'll be able to leverage Shiny libraries for creating rich, interactive data visualizations.