SwaggerHub is an integrated API development platform that contains the open source Swagger tools in addition to advanced tools that optimize the Swagger workflow. In this video, learn the advanced tools available.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we will shift our focus to SwaggerHub. SwaggerHub is a cloud-based development platform for API design and documentation with open API. Inside the platform, you will find advanced capabilities that surround the open-source tools we discussed in the last chapter. If you're familiar with the open-source tools you will easily transition to using SwaggerHub. The capabilities within SwaggerHub extend or complement those provided by the open-source tooling. Many of these capabilities support how teams collaborate to build and consume APIs. This is more challenging than building APIs in isolation because concerns such as reuse and standardization become more difficult. SwaggerHub has a feature called domains. This feature allows object definitions to be reused across API definitions. Additionally, SwaggerHub provides a number of management features surrounding API definitions such as access restrictions, versioning, and integration with source control like Git. These capabilities allow organizations and teams to secure their API projects and share them selectively with other collaborators. SwaggerHub also contains features that speed up development, such as mocking and virtualization, allowing APIs to be consumed before an implementation is completed. Finally, the editor within SwaggerHub provides rich features such as better auto-completion, customizations, and validation. For organizations with large API catalogs, the features provided by SwaggerHub are extremely beneficial. The platform increases consistency across APIs by delivering reusable components and validation, making API adoption easier for developers. Similar to version control, it provides an organized approach to building and releasing APIs across their life cycle, removing the barriers that prohibit teams from collaborating. Finally, API-based development can occur more rapidly because of the capabilities in SwaggerHub. The ability to quickly define an API and mock it allows API developers and consumers to work in parallel. After finishing this chapter, you will understand how to leverage these SwaggerHub features to take your API development to the next level.
- The architecture of the Swagger ecosystem
- Using the tools within the Swagger platform
- Building a basic API using Swagger
- Defining APIs
- Creating API documentation using Swagger UI
- Creating and publishing APIs with SwaggerHub
- API management with Apigee
- Monitoring API usage
Skill Level Intermediate
HTTP Essential Trainingwith Morten Rand-Hendriksen50m 18s Beginner
1. Swagger Ecosystem
2. Building API Specifications
3. Creating and Publishing APIs with SwaggerHub
4. Capstone Project
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.