- The architecture of the Swagger ecosystem
- Using the tools within the Swagger platform
- Building a basic API using Swagger
- Defining APIs
- Creating API documentation using Swagger UI
- Creating and publishing APIs with SwaggerHub
- API management with Apigee
- Monitoring API usage
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Kevin] Today's most successful digital platforms are architected with APIs that expose core business capabilities for internal and external developers that build new applications at scale. Well-crafted APIs are more widely adopted by the developer community, giving their creators a competitive advantage in terms of innovation and new products. The key to developing successful APIs is using tools like Swagger to create better designs and documentation so that it is effortless for developers to use the API. Hi, I'm Kevin Bowersox. I've been a full stack developer for over 10 years, and I have seen how Swagger can build higher-quality APIs that gain adoption. Swagger helps you design, build, and document your APIs using a design-first approach so that web, mobile, and third-party applications can quickly integrate and consume their core capabilities and data. In this course, I'll show you how to build API definitions with the OpenAPI Specification that accelerate delivery of APIs through generated documentation, client SDKs, server stubs, and API server virtualization. We'll use Swagger's open source tools to master key sections of the OpenAPI Specification. Then we will advance to SwaggerHub and learn how its team collaboration tools streamline the API development lifecycle. To cap off the course, we'll complete a project that uses an API definition file to rapidly establish an API-based solution that spans multiple languages, frameworks, and cloud-based services. So if you are ready to build better APIs with higher adoption, then let's get started.
HTTP Essential Trainingwith Morten Rand-Hendriksen50m 18s Beginner
1. Swagger Ecosystem
2. Building API Specifications
3. Creating and Publishing APIs with SwaggerHub
4. Capstone Project
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.