Kesha Williams explains the advantages of web service and the benefits they provide.
- Web services offer many advantages.…You'll see benefits in reusability, interoperability,…usability, and deployability.…So let's take a look at each of these.…First, web services support reusability of code.…A web service is a small reusable component…that can be used by multiple systems.…This can allow organizations to use web services…provided by third parties.…This reduces their development time…and delivers more powerful applications.…
Second, web services provide the ability…for systems to communicate back and forth,…and they provide language transparency.…This means the service provider can write the web service…in one language like PHP or Node.js…then the service client can be written…in a totally different language, like Python, Ruby, or Perl…and they can still communicate because they speak…a common language, such as XML or JSON.…For example, a web service created in a .net platform…can be invoked by any client application…implemented in a different programming language like Java.…
Language transparency also allows you to develop…
- What is a web service?
- Securing web services
- Consuming and creating a RESTful API
- Documenting an API
- Creating a web service
- Consuming a SOAP web service
- Developing APIs using GraphQL
Skill Level Beginner
HTTP Essential Trainingwith Morten Rand-Hendriksen50m 18s Beginner
What you should know1m 12s
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Using RESTful APIs and HATEOAS
3. Using SOAP-Based Web Services
4. Developing APIs Using GraphQL
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.