Join Mark Niemann-Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video The many ways that didn't work, part of Code Clinic: R.
- So let's talk about the many ways…that didn't work.…In spite of a lot of research,…I was unable to find an appropriate library.…There may be one, but I simply couldn't find it.…There are several reasons that libraries…weren't appropriate, and I've documented my research.…Let's take a look at…research_on_image_analysis.R,…and I'll open up the code window.…Now, three reasons.…They weren't available for my version of R,…they weren't available for the Macintosh…or the package didn't have the functions I needed.…
For example,…let's take a look at rimage.…I can select that line and hit Run.…And I see the rimage is not available…for R version 3.1.2.…How about a different library?…Let's go take a look at ripa.…I hit the Run button,…install packages ripa,…and it installs perfect.…I go ahead and use the library command…to pull it in.…
And I go ahead and look at the help file for ripa.…So I go down to the console window,…I hit ?ripa…return.…And I can now look at the help file…for that package.…After some research, what I've found out…
Mark introduces challenges and then provides an overview of his solutions in R. Challenges include topics such as statistical analysis, searching directories for images, and accessing peripheral devices.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: R Studio tells me that it can't find files I expect to be available. Where can I find them?
A: Use the setwd() command to set the working directory to match the folder you're working in.
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S.
R Statistics Essential Trainingwith Barton Poulson5h 59m Intermediate
1. Problem One: Statistical Analysis
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Accessing Peripherals
5. Recursion and Directories
Walking the directory sort code10m 56s
6. Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.