Word clouds are a popular visualization tool used in text analytics. Learn about its concepts and purpose.
- [Instructor] Let's start off with something … you may have used in the past, a word cloud. … You may remember it. … Basically, it highlights what words are used … with what frequency in a body of text or corpus … and then forms a shape with the words. … The size of the word in the word cloud … is based on the number of occurrences … of that word in the corpus. … The more occurrences, the bigger the size. … Word cloud can also limit the number of words shown … to the top and popular ones. … A word cloud can be used … to show the popularity of keywords visually. … For instance, you can show the popularity of athletes … in a sports league by showing the names of the players … in a word cloud. … In this specific example, we will analyze the popular words … used in technology course descriptions on LinkedIn. … Let's get started with prepping the data … so we can make that happen. … …
- Creating a word cloud
- Analyzing sentiment
- Extracting emotions from text
- Clustering similar entities based on text
- Using classification for supervised learning
- Recommending items to users based on text data analytics
Skill Level Intermediate
Predictive Customer Analyticswith Kumaran Ponnambalam1h 37m Intermediate
1. Word Cloud
2. Sentiment Analysis
5. Predictive Text
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.