Join Martin Hadley for an in-depth discussion in this video Where can you use htmlwidgets?, part of R: Interactive Visualizations with htmlwidgets.
- [Instructor] Htmlwidgets allow you to build rich,…interactive visualizations ready to be deployed to…the web.…The technology behind htmlwidget libraries is designed…by our studio.…And the company has done a lot of work to make our…studio an awesome environment in which to design…and create htmlwidget visualizations.…In fact our studio is the single best environment…for building htmlwidgets.…The R console that you may have used before is simply…not an appropriate environment for this kind of work.…
But it's all well and good saying we can create these…these interactive charts and visualizations in our studio.…But how exactly can we publish these charts from our…local machine to the web?…Well there's three different techniques that we can…use to get your visualization off your computer…onto the internet.…RPubs is the simplest way to say take this chart…and just put it onto the web so others may view it.…RMarkdown allows us to embed htmlwidget visualizations…directly into our documents, and then these data rich…
Start by learning to manage packages and structure data for visualizations with the tidyverse and the pipe operator. Then there is an important question: Which library should you choose? The course introduces five popular options: Leaflet, Plotly, Highcharter, visNetwork, and DataTables (DT). Instructor Martin Hadley shows how to use these libraries to create scattergeo, choropleth, and geolines maps; stacked bar charts, scatter charts, bubble charts, and heat maps; treemaps and time series charts; interactive networks and graphs; and responsive, interactive data tables. Plus, learn how to customize your visualizations with legends and tooltips, and extract click information for Shiny apps.
- Installing htmlwidgets
- Selecting the best htmlwidget
- Creating interactive maps with Leaflet
- Creating interactive charts with Plotly and Highcharter
- Creating interactive networks with visNetwork
- Creating interactive tables with DT
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Interactive Presentations with Shiny and Rwith Martin Hadley1h 53m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
DC.js for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders5h 3m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with htmlwidgets
2. Creating Interactive Maps with Leaflet
3. Creating Interactive Charts with Plotly
4. Creating Interactive Charts with Highcharter
5. Creating Interactive Networks with visNetwork
6. Creating Interactive Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.