In this video, Mark Niemann-Ross discusses the foreign package. Learn the capabilities added to R for foreign object import.
- [Instructor] R uses packages to add functionality…to the core language.…Some of these packages are contributed…by external developers and some are built…by the Core R development team.…The foreign packages recommended for all distributions…of R and adds import and export tools…for a variety of file formats.…Some of these formats are less known…and others are quite popular, such as spss or dbf.…
Using these import tools is easy and free.…Most likely you don't even need…to install the foreign package…because it comes bundled with the base R language.…In the next videos I'll show you…how to use the foreign library…to input various file formats.…
- Challenges and characteristics of high-variety data
- Using R with Excel
- Exporting an R data structure to an Excel workbook
- Importing text, CSV, and tab-delimited files
- Working with the R foreign package
- Using R with XML files, HTML files, and Google Docs
- Working with images in R
Skill Level Intermediate
R Programming in Data Science: High Volume Datawith Mark Niemann-Ross1h 25m Intermediate
1. Use R with Excel
2. Importing Text Files
3. Understanding the Foreign Package
4. Use R with Popular Data Formats
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.